Help us collect lead fishing tackle, and you and your participating local tackle shop could each collect cash prizes up to $500!
Loon Preservation Committee (“LPC”) is giving $500 to the person who trades in the biggest collection of eligible lead (Pb) tackle (lead sinkers and jigs weighing one ounce or less) as part of our Lead Tackle Buyback. Through Dec. 31, 2020, you can trade in your tackle, receive a $10 voucher, AND compete to win.
In addition to the $500 Grand Prizes, you can compete for one of the $200 First Prizes or $100 Second Prizes being awarded for the largest or second-largest trade-in at each tackle shop. Full details below.
Loon Preservation Committee “Collect to Protect” Contest Terms.
These Collect to Protect Contest Terms (“Terms”) are an agreement between you and the Loon Preservation Committee (“LPC”). Read these Terms carefully before participating in the Collect to Protect Contest (“Contest”). By participating in the Contest, you accept and are bound by these terms.
The Contest begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on September 12, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor (defined below) is the official time-keeping device in the Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Loon Preservation Committee (“Sponsor”) and its advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Contest Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the and Sponsor and its judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in any state not listed above and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Trade-in eligible lead (Pb) fishing tackle as part of Loon Preservation Committee’s Lead Tackle Buyback (“LoonSafe”) Program at a participating retailer. One trade-in / contest entry per person per calendar year. Each person who has already made a trade-in during the 2018, 2019, or 2020 tackle buyback program will have their largest prior trade-in automatically entered into the Contest.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be selected on or before February 12, 2021. All winners will be notified via email from Loon Preservation Committee. Potential winners will have ten (10) days to respond to winning notification before forfeiting their prize. The winner will be required to send the Sponsor their contact information consisting of, but not limited to, the following: Full Name, Email Address, and Phone Number. All forms must be completed, signed, and returned to the Sponsor within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Potential winner becomes the “Winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for the Contest.
4. PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Four (4) Contest Prizes will be awarded during the Contest. The Contest Prizes are as detailed below:
- INDIVIDUAL GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) five hundred dollar ($500) Grand Prize will be awarded during the contest to the person who turns in the largest collection of eligible tackle from among the trade-ins collected at all retailers participating in the Contest.
- RETAILER GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) five hundred dollar ($500) Grand Prize will be awarded during the contest to the participating retailer who collects the largest amount of eligible tackle out of all retailers participating in the Contest.
- First Prize (12): There will be a total of twelve (12) First Prizes awarded during the Contest. One (1) First Prize will be awarded to the person who turns in the largest collection of eligible tackle at each participating retailer.
- Second Prize (12): There will be a total of twelve (12) Second Prizes awarded during the Contest. One (1) Second Prize will be awarded to the person who turns in the second-largest collection of eligible tackle at each participating retailer.
5. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Contest Prize per person/per household. The Contest Winners will each be asked to share a digital photo with Loon Preservation Committee within the first ten (10) days of accepting their Prize. Each photo should show the winner with their prize and/or fishing with non-lead tackle. All prizes will be fulfilled approximately two (2) to four (4) weeks after each drawing. Contest Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
6. GENERAL: Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Contest Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and province of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Contest (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winning participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law. The Contest Parties do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Contest Parties, including but not limited to the failure or interruption of Instagram or any internet service provider. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule #5. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Contest Parties and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Contest Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time without notice.
7. CONDUCT: By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Parties, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Contest Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Contest Parties to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Contest Parties to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Contest Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) lost, late, stolen, undelivered, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, damaged or garbled registrations, Entries, URLs, or emails; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries or registrations at any point in the operation of this Contest; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, cable, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof or for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, social networking posts, or registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Contest-related materials; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then the Contest Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. If terminated, the Contest Parties will award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received for the Contest up to the time of such action.
9. RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Contest, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify Loon Preservation Committee and the Contest Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with (i) participation in any aspect of the Contest, (ii) the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded, including any travel associated with any prize, (iii) participant’s registration material on any related website, or (iv) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New Hampshire. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New Hampshire or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New Hampshire.
12. WINNERS LIST: The list of winners of prizes will be published on or before February 12, 2021 at http://loonsafe.org/2020winners .
13. SPONSOR: Loon Preservation Committee; PO Box 604; Moultonborough, NH 03254.